With the introduction of Q4 and tradeshow season, terms such as good links, quality links and natural links seem to be all around the place.
Let us take a closer look and understand the importance of these links and how they actually work in the case of Google SEO. Let us delve deeper and get to understand what each of these links mean.
What do you mean by a Natural Backlink?
A natural link is a link which has occurred organically. In most cases, it is not being seen getting placed by a company.
These can be tracked by PR companies, media buyers and are paid for. They can get monetised by CPC programs, monetisation scripts, affiliate programs and influencers.
Unnatural links and what are they?
- They are placed within the content of a website. This way, search engines will not be able to understand the ones that are paid.
- Monetisation scripts that are used in websites as a few of them get paid when they get linked to retailers.
- They are even placed with the websites code and outbound redirects and used through different tactics.
In a few scenarios, you would come across mixed link patterns. Even though these are natural links, they make use of tracking guidelines. For example, when you click on a link of an influence, and it’s been paid by the retailer, these links would lead you to the landing page. This might have some tracking parameters linked to it.
Aggregators or bloggers and several others may copy and paste the link that they follow to their site directly. This will provide the look of a natural link. This might give you an organic link scheme, but with the hint of unnatural traits.
To solve this issue, ensure that the person who reaches out to your site reaches through a tracked link. You would have to set a redirect to undergo the parameters. This would be useful in resolving the natural structure of the page. This way, you will have access to standard and the non-tracked URL, just as how it is used. At the same time, be able to attribute sales, traffic and generate leads in an effective and
These are the links that are derived from sites that are high on quality. However, the definition may alter based on the kind and quality of SEO you are dealing with. But, always keep in mind that you will be able to derive quality links and in the most assured way, through quality sites.
- When the site is niche and that it gets updated from time to time about the specified subject.
- You do not find any sort of outbound links that connect the site to payday, adult, or scam sites.
- You will not notice contents that are sponsored in those sites (with exceptions such as tutorials that have been clearly marked).
- When you locate them in Google news feeds, this is a good sign that the site is dependable and reliable.
Always ensure that you pay attention towards quality of links over its quantity. This will make a good impression over Google, which is important for your business.