A healthy life-cycle requires healthy routine and periodic episodes of a good day spa. You need to take care of yourself, your skin and your mind to feel good inside-out. Microdermabrasion is a widely used non-invasive treatment in Melbourne which exfoliates skin to give it a glowing and younger look. This treatment is usually performed by using a mechanical device to remove the outer layer of skin at a clinic of a dermatologist generally or at a salon.
However, it is very important to prepare your skin before going through the treatment. Firstly, you need to find out the right consultants to guide you about the process and about skin preparation. Secondly, informing them about your health history is always a good starting point. Lastly, knowing about the basic things to do for microdermabrasion Altona is to prepare your skin in the week leading up to your procedure always helps.
This treatment usually requires 30 – 60 minutes to complete and its recovery time is virtually non-existent. Salons have also started offering this widely popular treatment but only a few are specialists at it and know how to do it flawlessly in Australia. Therefore:
- Before choosing any salon for the treatment, it is very important that you are aware of what to expect from it. For instance, step 1 is cleansing; step 2 is the abrasion of the upper layer for 30-40 minutes; step 3 is applying moisturiser. Consultation is the key.
- Be aware, if the treatment would be good for your skin or not. Though it can be used to treat dull skin, uneven tone, age spots, acne scars, wrinkles or sun damaged skin but it can not be used in cases of intense hyperpigmentation on the skin or serious acne or if you have eczema, lupus, uncontrolled diabetes, psoriasis, open sores and fragile capillaries. Then it is better to consult your dermatologist what is good for you other than microdermabrasion treatment in Melbourne.
- Know about the cost of treatment and number of sessions required to complete the procedure and to achieve the desired results. Salon fee for the treatment varies from place to place in Australia. However, never prefer price over quality and professionalism when it comes to microdermabrasion or day spa Melbourne.
- Figure out where you want to have your treatment done. A good salon would always consult with you first and assess your skin to know if the treatment would be any good for you or not. Only then, it will proceed with it. Rules of thumb, ask for referrals from friends or relatives, search online or ask your doctor to recommend someone.
- It is very important to communicate with your doctor or aesthetician if you are taking or have taken any skin related medicine or treatment during the past six months. Few medicines could lead to the risk of scarring if microdermabrasion is performed within the 6 months from usage.
- Do not forget to take topical solution or skincare product that your aesthetician has recommended you to use prior to the treatment. This is given to ensure skin is in its desired condition at the time of performing dermabrasion treatment Melbourne.
- There are few beauty treatments that you should avoid before the dermabrasion in Australia such as facials, waxing, tweezing, electrolysis, laser treatments, Botox or any kind of chemical peels. Basically, the skin should not be too sensitive to perform mechanical exfoliation on it.
- Protect skin from sun exposure generally but one week prior to treatment, particularly. Always use sunscreen, even on overcast days!
- Smoking inhibits the blood circulation in the skin. Therefore, quit it at least one week before undergoing the treatment. This will help you in achieving better and healthier results. Read more about the effects of smoking on the skin, here.
- It is generally recommended not to use any NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatories) treatment before going through microdermabrasion in Australia else skin rashes or bleeding could trigger.
- Stop using exfoliating creams at least 3 days before the day of treatment. Any product that you are using on your skin should be communicated to your aesthetician or doctor during the consultation phase in Melbourne.
- Clean your skin on the day of the appointment. Though salons do this before the treatment, you should too with a lipid-free cleaner.
All these tips are helpful in preparing your skin for microdermabrasion in Melbourne and also in finding a good aesthetician or a salon to do the job. Generally, a good salon would always guide you about these precautionary measures beforehand while others would just get the job done for the sake of it. Therefore, do your proper homework before choosing a salon for this procedure as it is the matter of your skin.